The Institute of Health Economics
Credits: FASD Research Team - Alberta Innovates; Music - Ben Sound
What we do
The Institute of Health Economics (IHE) is a not-for-profit organization with key competencies in:
- Health economics & decision analytic modeling
- Health technology assessment
- Health policy and knowledge transfer/exchange
- Guideline adaptation and development
- Support decision making in health policy and practice with evidence from research in health economics and health technology assessment.
- Assess the medical, economic, social, and ethical implications of both established and new health practices, procedures, and technologies.
- Facilitate discussions and partnerships among government, academia, industry and healthcare providers to address important issues in health care.
Vision, Mission, Values
To assist decision makers in health policy and practice with the results from economic evaluations, costing and cost-effectiveness analyses, and with syntheses of findings from research in health technology assessment.
To contribute to more effective health services.