- Chronic Diseases / Disorders
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)
- Health Economics / Healthcare Costs
- Health Measurement Tools
- Health Policy
- Healthcare Services
- Infectious Diseases
- Maternal and Child Health
- Mental Health
- Quality of Life
Bridging the Gap: The Use of Research Evidence in Policy Development
Alberta Heritage Foundation for Medical Research (AHFMR) HTA Initiative #18.
This paper has two specific objectives:
- to describe some of the challenges of using research evidence to inform healthcare policy making; and
- to provide policy makers and researchers with a framework or tool that would identify and facilitate the use of research evidence and other information in healthcare policy making.
NOTE: In 2006 the Alberta Heritage Foundation for Medical Research HTA unit moved to IHE. Documents produced in and prior to 2006 have different formats; the format was determined by the agency for which the document was produced.
Publication Type: Methodology Papers
Year of Publication: 2005
Topics: Health Policy, Other
Authors: Jon Brehaut, Don Juzwishin
ISBN (print): 1-894927-22-2
ISBN (online): 1-894827-23-0