- Chronic Diseases / Disorders
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)
- Health Economics / Healthcare Costs
- Health Measurement Tools
- Health Policy
- Healthcare Services
- Infectious Diseases
- Maternal and Child Health
- Mental Health
- Quality of Life
Hyperbaric oxygen treatment in Alberta
Alberta Heritage Foundation for Medical Research (AHFMR) HTA Report #8.
This report has been prepared to provide information to health authorities and others on the available evidence on effectiveness of HBOT and the possible economic impact on health care should a second HBO facility be established in the province. Issues addressed in the report include:
- Whether HBOT has been shown to be effective in the management of a number of conditions;
- Whether introduction of an HBO facility in Calgary would result in cost savings to health care;
- Other benefits to routine health care associated with introduction of a second HBO unit; and
- Overall organizational requirements.
NOTE: In 2006 the Alberta Heritage Foundation for Medical Research HTA unit moved to IHE. Documents produced in and prior to 2006 have different formats; the format was determined by the agency for which the document was produced.
Health Technology Assessments /
Year of Publication: 1998
Authors: Craig Mitton, David Hailey
ISBN (print): 1-896956-08-4
ISSN (online): 1704-1104