Health Innovation in Canada: Federal Role Roundtable
Health Innovation in Canada: Federal Role Roundtable: Presentations
Monday, 17 November 2014
Opening and Opening Remarks
- Moderator: Mr. John Sproule, IHE
- Ms. Lauren Fisher, Eli Lilly Canada Inc.
- Mr. Glenn Brimacombe, Canadian Psyciatric Association
Roundtable Discussion: What can the federal government do to promote and support innovation in the healthcare system?
- Overview of current state of healthcare innovation from a Federal Perspective
- Which specific mechanisms/levers are most critical to federal support for innovation in the healthcare system?
- What changes to current federal tools and programs should be made to better support innovation?
- What new mechanisms should be put in place to improve support for innovation in the healthcare system?
- Which approaches have the greatest potential to deliver improved value for money?
Summary of Discussion