- Chronic Diseases / Disorders
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)
- Health Economics / Healthcare Costs
- Health Measurement Tools
- Health Policy
- Healthcare Services
- Infectious Diseases
- Maternal and Child Health
- Mental Health
- Quality of Life
Effectiveness of Screening for Endemic Antibiotic Resistant Organisms (AROs) in Hospital Settings
Summary of Systematic Reviews, Primary Studies, and Evidence-based Guidelines.
The following research questions were addressed in this review:
- What are the clinical effects of a universal screening strategy for ARO carriage when compared with no screening?
- What are the clinical effects of a universal screening strategy for ARO carriage when compared with targeted screening (screening of selected patient populations)?
- What are the clinical effects of targeted screening for ICU patients, surgical patients, and other high-risk patients (for example, patients on hemodialysis, transferred patients) compared with no screening?
Publication Type: Overview of Systematic Reviews
Year of Publication: 2014
Topics: Healthcare Services, Infectious Diseases, Screening, Surveillance
Authors: Ken Bond, Lisa Tjosvold, Christa Harstall
ISBN (online): 978-1-926929-21-7